Job Type: Temp-Hire
Location: Torrance, CA
Pay rate: $18/hr.
Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5pm (30 mins. lunch)
The Warehouse worker is responsible for operating a forklift for the purpose of moving, locating, relocating, stacking, palletizing and counting merchandise. The operator is accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle. Responsibilities also include filling customer orders and delivering them to the delivery platform in a manner that meets company standards for safety, security, and productivity. All orders must be filled completely and correctly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities, but are not limited to, the following:
- Receiving/Put-Away – Unload inbound shipments safely and move product to storage locations. Efficiently stack and store the merchandise in the appropriate areas. Sometimes there is a Miscellaneous Cargo inside the container. In that case, manual wholesale work is also required.
- Quality– Ensure inbound and outbound shipments are accurate and free of damage. Report quality variances.
- Order Picking – Pull and prepare product for shipment, ensuring that the exact number and type of product is loaded and shipped. Perform picking duties in an efficient manner that meets customer service standards. Assemble various types of merchandise for shipment. Carry or transport orders to shipping locations or delivery platforms with materials handling equipment. Stencil, tag, or mark orders as requested.
- Loading – Efficiently move product from staging and /or storage areas into flat beds or trailers.
- Equipment – Load, unload, move, stack, and stage product and materials using a forklift or any other material-handling device. Use necessary equipment and processes for picking, receiving, put-away, and load functions, as required. Maintain the facility’s equipment and materials in neat, clean, and orderly fashion. On a daily basis, inspect and perform minor maintenance on the forklift or other equipment. Operate all equipment in a safe and efficient manner following prescribed work methods.
- Inventory – Assist in physical inventories.
- Repack – Repack and weigh any orders which require such handling when necessary. Report quality variances.
- Safety, Sanitation, Security – Maintain a clean, neat and orderly work area. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety. Comply with OSHA and MSDS standards.
- Billing and Debit – Bill entries to the customer, Debit note entries to the Branch.
- Coordinate of operation– Arrange for Container Drayage, Truck with Vendor. Response for Warehouse supplies.