Summary: Manufacturing production lead is responsible for a variety of tasks including coordinating schedule on the floor and giving the end of day (EOD) status of the work orders scheduled to be completed for the day.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures compliance with existing Safety Policies and work standards and procedures in an efficient manner
- Responsible for materials, tools and 5S in the work area
- Develops, establishes and maintains effective production procedures, methods and mentorship of personnel while following the technical assembly specification.
- Drives Lean for the department; in charge of executing initiatives for process improvement and waste reduction as well as company goals
- Responsible for accurate WIP counts and may perform cycle counts as needed
- Communicates effectively and works as a team with Management, Engineering, Quality and Warehouse to achieve goals and reduce variations in production related issues.
- Responsible for driving and supporting the day-to-day activities of the Manufacturing Team by scheduling and closing work orders for all shifts
- Collecting production output numbers and ensuring on time completion of assigned jobs while providing guidance to team members.
- Optimizing production efficiency by monitoring productivity and quality
- Identifying and resolving production problems in a timely manner.
- Work cross functionally with other shifts and teams to ensure that production is prioritized
- Learn the end-to-end manufacturing process to efficiently facilitate resource allocation and training
- Become Operation’s resource to the team and surrounding departments
- Education, Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- High school diploma and / or GED, some college preferred. Minimum of 1 to 2 years’ experience as an assembler in a manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English.
- Basic math skills required
- Must be detail-oriented and organized, and familiar with computer systems for data entry and inquiry.
· Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.