JOB DESCRIPTION: PROCUREMENT MANAGER – SUPPLY CHAIN
Company profile: Los Angeles, CA based, 25+ years in business, specialized in USA food & beverage products. 60+ employee operation exporting to over 80 markets worldwide. State-of-the-art facilities, resources, friendly atmosphere, with a multi-cultural / multi-lingual staff speaking more than 30 languages.
Position Summary: The procurement Manager job is available and responsibilities include all procurement activities for all private label manufacturers. The Procurement Manager will collaborate with Sales, Logistics, and Finance to create forecasts and negotiate the best pricing, service, quality, availability, and performance while continuing to source alternative manufacturers to meet customer demand in alignment with overall company goals
· Collaborate with Sales and Logistics to create order forecasts to negotiate for the best pricing, quality, service, and performance with manufacturers.
· Proactively monitor and leverage market and commodity insights in negotiations to create short-term and long-term ordering strategies.
· Develop a cadence and conduct business reviews with manufacturers to monitor progress, identify issues, market insights, and identify cost saving opportunities.
· Maintain relationships with manufacturers and advocate for customer requirements, concerns while sharing import market trends.
· Negotiate contracts to obtain best price and supply to meet demand.
· Continuously source alternative manufacturers. Identify, vet, onboard and manage overall relationship with new manufacturers to ensure consistent supply.
· Identify cost reduction opportunities to achieve overall company financial goals.
· Identify risks and develop effective mitigation plans in a timely and effective manner.
· Generate performance reports that track and analyze key performance metrics on a monthly and/or quarterly basis.
• 5+ years of experience as a Procurement Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management or relevant field
- Understanding of end-to-end supply chain, costing, price analysis and budgeting
- Proficiency in forecasting, pricing analyst and financial and operational impacts
- Understanding of contact terms and contact negotiations
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Excel. Experience with SAP Software preferred
Benefits and Compensation:
- Exceptional Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Supplemental benefits, including Life, Short-term Disability and Medical Insurance plans
- 401k with Employer match
- Team-oriented company culture
Job Type: Direct Hire
Location: Hybrid, West LA office
Salary: Will dep experience