JOB DESCRIPTION: Operations Manager – International Logistics
This position will manage staff and all activities related to Import export Air and Ocean activities, Customs Brokerage, and domestic operations. 5 years’ Supervisory / Mgt. experience with a Freight Forwarder.
- Oversee daily Logistics Operations e.g.: Import export, Customs Brokerage, and domestic operations.
- Be directly involved (hands on) with the logistics teams.
- Negotiate transportation rates, services and/or contracts with suppliers or customers to improve supply chain efficiency or sustainability.
- Plan and implement special projects as necessary to meet the customers shipping requirements.
- Develop SOP’s and implement.
- Create and maintain a well-trained staff that could be promoted through cross training and mentoring.
- Min. 5 years Supervisory or Management experience in Freight Forwarding, Import / Export operations.
- Candidates will be “Hands on” and willing to “roll-up sleeves and jump in where needed.
- Extensive knowledge of all Import and export procedures and documentation
- Familiar with FMC regulations, tariff filings, FAA & TSA regulations, and import / export compliance.