Well established International Logistics company in Carson is seeking for exceptional Ocean Import Manager! Ideal candidate must have minimum 5 years management experience handling ocean import.
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Salary: $70-75K annually
- Job Location: Carson, CA
- Industry: Freight Forwarder
This position will be responsible for managing all import shipments, document preparation, ISF filings for Customs, etc. The candidate will need exceptional attention to detail, customer service, strong organizational and communication skills and must be computer literate. This position will work independently in managing the day-to-day operations of the department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Quote import leads and overseas agents; assist the Sales department with needed import rates and technical support
- Strong and prompt communication with customers and overseas agents; collect from clients the needed import documents.
- Create the import files in the system, track shipments, arrival notices and invoice customers
- ISF / AMS Filing
- Resolving carrier/agent manifest errors
- Handling exam containers (emailing/calling exam facilities, arranging pick-ups, paying invoices, expediting exams by speaking to Customs or CES managers, dispatching, checking availability)
- Manage the Insurance process (issue insurance policy, collect necessary documents, photos, managing claims)
- Mitigation letters to Customs for penalties
- Monthly closing files and review of PLs with the manager
- Strong desire to continuously improve the import process, communication with customers and vendors; implement policies and procedures that will make the import process more efficient and increase the customer satisfaction.
- Labor planning and recruitment to ensure adequately staffed operation in accordance with company goals
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, orienting, delegating, training employees, and following up on work results
- Responsible for coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results and providing feedback
- Setting SMART goals and objectives, analyzing and identifying opportunities, implementing processes to drive improvements, and monitoring progress and supervising performance
- Minimum 5 years Ocean Import management experience
- Knows Cargowise, Microsoft Office: Word, Outlook and Excel
- Strong Knowledge of Ocean Import A-Z
- Knowledge of Regulatory & Industry Standards
- Knowledge of international commerce (Incoterms, method, customs regulations etc.)
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule as needed to meet the business demands.