JOB DESCRIPTION: Ocean Export Agent
Job Type: Full time, non-exempt
Salary: $23-24/hr + excellent benefits!
Location: Houston, TX. (No remote work option)
COMPANY PROFILE: non-asset based global logistics provider one of the largest logistics providers in the world. Employing more than 2,200 people worldwide and operates freight logistics centers in 130 cities across the world through a global network of wholly owned offices, joint ventures, and affiliates in 135 countries.
· Book cargo and arrange trucking if applicable.
· Send Booking Confirmation/Delivery Orders.
· Issue Bills of Lading and Export Declaration.
· Arrange shipping details such as export licenses, customs declarations, packing, shipping, and routing of product.
· Review customer requirements/Letters of Credit and report any problems/discrepancies to the customer.
· Maintain communication with steamship agents/truckers as to status of shipments.
· Advise customer of any problems, changes, or delays by phone, E-Mail, or reports.
· Ensure Customer’s time standards are kept up and that files are completed within time constraints (exceptions: problems of which the shipper is aware, Consular Work, etc.).
· Open, invoice and close out files.
· Interface and maintain good relations with clients.
· Min. of 3 years Freight Forwarding industry experience
· Knowledge of Transportation and Ocean Export/Regulations
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Good communication skills and a strong attention to detail are required.
· Able to pass a background check.