Our client, a leading Recycling company is currently seeking Logistics Coordinator. This is an excellent opportunity to join a well-established firm. Ideal candidates have 3 to 5 years minimum experience with a logistics or freight forwarder company.
- Job Type: Temp-Hire
- Pay Rate: $20-24/hr.
- Schedule: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm (Onsite only, no remote)
- Industry: Export Trading Company
- Job Location: Goleta, CA
Responsible for providing accurate documentation and tracking of shipments.
- Documents and monitors the daily movement of shipments timely arrival of shipments
- Responsible for the coordination of shipments & generation of required shipping documents which include making bookings, following up with carriers
- Preparation/validation of required documents, pre-alert sending, loading status, late gate requests and monitoring of shipments until ETA destination.
- Establish effective communication with origin station, factories, customs brokers, warehouse, and carriers to meet customers’ requirements and timely delivery of shipments
- Provide shipping documents to customs broker
- Provide support to other as needed (i.e. resolving customer, shipper, vendor complaints; rate approval) to ensure proper flow of operations
- Prepare load plans to assure maximum capacity and compliance with rules and regulations
- Plan and coordinate shipments with freight forwarders to achieve efficiency and to meet customer satisfaction.
- Ensure that shipment is delivered to customer in the committed transit time.
- Provide accurate account management including timely processing of customer orders, daily correspondence with clients, and service providers (warehouses, freight forwarders, etc.)
- Ability to establish a professional relationship with internal and external clients
- Other related duties may be assigned
- 3-5 years minimum experience freight forwarding, 3PL, logistics operations
- Detailed knowledge of logistics documentation is a must. Familiar with packing list and Bill of lading.
- Excellent Written and Verbal English skills
- MS Office skills; Word, Excel