International Freight Forwarder in Torrance looking for an HR Admin Assistant. Must be able to speak English and Japanese fluently. Min.1-2 years experienced.
· Job type: Non-exempt
· Hours: Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm (30 mins. lunch)
· Job Location: Torrance, CA
· Pay rate: $20-21/hr.
Provide administrative support in the HR & Payroll department, and the President. This position includes but not limited to, supports translation activities (Japanese to/from English) for the President and Senior Staff, as well as the parent company in Japan. Coordinates relocation, travel, housing arrangements, work Visas, and general support for Japanese expatriates.
- Min. 1-2 years HR Admin experience or related field
- Fluency in Japanese and English required.
- Computer literate, Proficiency in Google drive, Gmail, Google Docs and Sheets and MS Office Word & Excel
- Detail oriented, highly organized and efficient
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Payroll processing
- Administrative support in HR activity
- Provides administrative support to the President and Chief Financial Officer, including but not limited to scheduling, data collection, recording meeting minutes, filing, copying and greeting guests.
- Makes travel arrangements.
- Works with the parent company, the President, and the CFO to coordinate all transfers for Japanese expatriates.
- Works with the parent company and immigration attorney to receive and maintain Visa’s/Immigration records for Japanese associates.
- Works with Japanese company to manage Japanese expatriates local payroll/salary.
- Provides support to Japanese expatriates and their families to establish local living arrangements.
- Arranges and maintains certificate of insurance documents
- Maintain company’s agreements and corporate documents
- Conducts special projects and coordinates activities as directed.
- Maintains strict discretion and confidentiality for all personnel and financial matters.
- Promotes an associate relations environment that is consistent with long term management goals and objectives.
- Translates (Japanese to/from English); emails, letters, and other reports as requested.
- Acts as a translator during meetings, as necessary.
- Answer and screen telephone calls, responds to inquiries, and re-routes inquiries to appropriate staff
- Process Business card ordering to all personnel in the Company
- Support and coordinate Company events.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be added as needed
#human resources #administrative assistant #Japanese