Job Description: Freight Forwarder – Domestic Operations Coordinator
A freight forwarder who offers full-service solutions of logistical services that support the entire supply chain is seeking additional help to add to the team.
The ideal candidate must have Ocean and/air freight background for domestic.
Job Type: Direct HireJob Location: Carson, CA
Salary: $$ Will commensurate experience
Essential Duties and Responsibilities including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assess, analyze, and problem solve while handling complex, gray-area situations while meeting legal, company, and customer expectations.
- Provide outstanding, friendly service through daily communication with both internal and external customers
- Ensure smooth and timely process and documentation flow
- Ensure accurate and timely data entry into our operational system
- Track and trace files and reporting
- Ensure accurate and timely client and vendor billing
- Ensure delivery of freight and timely clearance when applicable
- Contribute and maintain good relationships with suppliers
- Ensure compliance at all times to regulations
- Network communications, timely responses to emails and requests
- Meet SOP and SOW standards in accordance with Company policy
Qualifications and requirements:
- Ocean and air domestic freight forwarding experience
- Hawaii trade lane experience
- Able to read and distinguish tariff codes
- Experience with specialized cargo (hazardous, OOG, overweight)
- Ability to Oversee/monitor/assist in the preparation of accurate customs export documents in a timely manner from source documents (checking for accuracy) taking responsibility for completeness, accuracy and timeliness of the transaction.
- Weekend on-call responsibilities based on a rotating on-call schedule.
- High school education or equivalent and five years progressive work experience in operations, or a four-year degree plus two years customer service or freight operations experience. Business or industry degree preferred.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills