The primary duty of the Customer service -Global Account Rep is to review and process shipment transactions, and activities for one or more major accounts, provide proactive and timely customer service. Serve as the primary contact for all parties concerning assigned account contracts.
** Ideal candidates have Freight Forwarder – Airfreight experience **
Location: El Segundo, CA
Pay: $23-27/hr dep. on experience
Job Type: Exempt – Direct Hire
Company: International Freight Forwarder
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure proactive customer service in conjunction with other departments and 3rd parties.
- Receive, review and process high-volume and/or complex import and export transactions for clients, including booking, billing, classifications, processing data through the Company’s system and obtaining consular releases as well as other government agency releases as appropriate
- Check shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping documents correspond to the actual shipments.
- Process BOL's and provide instructions to the team for handling each shipment.
- Create quotations for individual shipments, including estimating prices for the shipper, selecting transportation companies to use
- Review and monitor all Shipper Export Declaration rejections, requests for information from client and any government agency as well as other correspondence.
- Adhere to all domestic and int'l shipping regulations, communicate changes in domestic and foreign regulation procedures to client, co-workers and third parties in a timely manner.
- Identify, investigate, and resolve all areas of client concern in a timely and proactive manner. Alert client to special areas of concern or potential problems in the shipping process.
- Min. 1 year of Logistics, (Int’l Freight Forwarding exp. preferred)
- Familiarity with domestic and int'l geography (countries and major cities)
- Attention to detail, ability to circumvent issues and taking the proper corrective action
- Good math skills, able to calculate freight measurements, wt. and convert to international units.
- Computer skills, frequent use of MS Outlook, Excel and Word
- Prior use of CargoWise One a plus, but not required
- Able to pass any federal/state, airport, or company-required background checks.