Job Description: Certified Medical Assistant
The Certified Medical Assistant (CCMA) or Registered Medical assistant provides basic technical clinical services and clerical support in the delivery of quality patient care as directed by the attending physician.
Employment Type: Full time
Location: Irvine, CA
Shift: Day, 8-5pm no holidays or weekends
Recruiter Phone: (310) 618-9618
Job duties include, but may not be limited to the following:
· Greets visitors, answers telephones. Register patients, Obtains necessary demographic, insurance, and related data according to policies and procedures.
· Collects patient assessment data to include height, weight, vital signs, chief complaint/symptoms, current medications, etc. for assessment by licensed staff.
· Prepares the patient for evaluation, listing medications, and assisting during exams and procedures.
· May perform injections, venipuncture, performing EKG’s, assist with stress tests, routine x-rays, PFT’s, and other related activities.
· Documents patient info in the medical records, treatment procedures, medication, test results etc.
· Assists with lab procedures, including collecting urine specimens, collecting, and preparing blood samples for lab, and labeling with accurate patient ID.
· Contact insurance providers to determine benefit levels and patient co-pays, as needed. Collected and posts payments and prepares daily deposits for monies received.
· 3-5 years’ exp. as a Cert. Medical Assistant (CCMA) or Registered Medical assistant.
· Work experience in physician office (preferred).
· Clear communication in English (second language is a plus, but not required; Arabic, Turkish, Chinese, Spanish or Persian).
· Must be comfortable giving vaccines to both children and adults.
· Computer proficiency; Microsoft office, accurate data entry, typing skills
· Experience with EMR (Electronic Medical Records).
· Understand how to do eligibilities on insurance and referrals
· Some training provided, but experience is required