- Provide department support and supervise staff in the Ocean Import Department
- Prepare import shipments for assigned customers. This may include customs clearance, shipping, labeling, and distribution of cargo. Generate delivery orders and shipping labels as needed.
- Prepare import documents for distribution to brokerage department and/or Customers’ Broker
- Coordinate pickup and delivery orders with trucking companies, airlines, steamship line and/or bonded facilities in order to obtain necessary information in order to process shipments in the best way.
- Issue freight bills and invoices to brokers and responsible for collecting unpaid invoices within credit term.
- Supervises and directs staff in performing work according to operations procedures
- Trains Import Staff
- Monitors the preparation of import shipments and distribution of Import Documents
- Ensure department is in compliance with company policies and procedures and applicable government regulation
- Review workflows and procedures and provide feedback to maintain a high quality of service
- Documents, records and reports all discrepancies to include missed trucking deadlines
- Work professionally and effectively with operations staff in order to achieve target goals.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with management, peers and co-workers.
- Handle other job assignments as determined by the Department Manager
- Associates, Bachelors or Equivalent/Related Industry experience
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Office Products, including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Capability to schedule, organize and work independently.
- Knowledge of Regulatory & Industry Standards
- Strong knowledge of Ocean Import
- Knowledge of international commerce (Incoterms, method, customs regulations etc.) desirable
- Good verbal and written communication Skill
- Must be able to work flexible work schedule as needed to meet the business demands.
This position will interact with branch colleagues, leadership staff, and office /warehouse personnel. Must be able to work with customers, vendors, and outside organizations.
(With or without accommodations) This position is predominantly sedentary office work, which involves sitting, typing, filing, and conversing on the phone.
This job description is not intended to be and should not be construed as an all-inclusive list of all the responsibilities and working conditions of the position. While it is intended to accurately reflect the position activities and requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and assign other duties as necessary.
Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month after 30 days.
- 401k with a company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts, HSA, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Auto and Home policies, Commuter Benefits, and much more.
- Generous Vacation and Sick time.