Ocean Export Supervisor
Long Beach, CA
Well established International Logistics company is seeking for an Ocean Export Supervisor to add to the team! Ideal candidate has experience in freight forwarding industry handling Ocean Export operations and documentation.
- Job Type: Direct Hire
- Schedule: Monday to Friday; 8:00am - 5:00pm
- Salary: $55K - 60K annually
- Job Location: Long Beach, CA
- The Export (Ocean) Supervisor will be responsible for planning / coordinating int’l export shipments and negotiating with overseas and domestic shippers personally or through coworkers.
- Be directly involved (hands on) with the Logistics process.
- Supervise workers engaged in shipping freight, documentation, way billing, assessing charges.
- Prepare reports of transactions to facilitate billing of shippers and carriers.
- Examine invoices and shipping manifests for accuracy.
- Ensure compliance with government agencies related to exportation.
- Deal effectively in a supervisory capacity, using diplomacy and negotiation skills in areas of staffing, training and planning.
- Cost Analysis and negotiation with subcontractors to increase revenue.
- Prepare customer quotations.
- 3 years or more experience in Freight Forwarding Ocean Export operations
- Supervisory experience
- Strong understanding of Ocean Export process
- Experience dealing with U.S. Customs and various regulations
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- PC proficiency (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
View Our OnlineSUBMIT YOUR RESUME
Find Your Nearest Location
Diamond Bar, CA
South Lake Tahoe, NV