We are looking for an immediate fill for a Mechanical Engineer! In this role, the ME will be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and analyzing the Company’s highly technical products.
We are a leading global innovator of electromechanical fluid management technologies for large diesel engine and heavy equipment applications. We are looking for someone with dedication and innovation to join our team, let it be you and APPLY NOW!
Location: Folsom, CA 95630
Type: Direct Hire
Benefits: comprehensive medical package, 401k with employer matching, 17 paid holidays each year, and standard vacation and sick leave.
GENERAL SUMMARY: The Mechanical Engineer recommends alterations to development and design in order to improve the quality of new and existing products and procedures. The ME relies heavily on his/her education, experience, and judgment to plan and accomplish goals through the performance of a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Spends substantial time developing new products. This duty includes gathering information and requirements from customers, working with other company staff and vendors, and applying education and experience to formulate optimal solutions. Creates and prepares Conceptual and Progress Reports. Develops and then performs tests on first articles, analyzes findings, and writes reports to summarize findings. Independently manages and resolves vendors’ technical and delivery issues. Design calculation, solid modeling, and drafting are integral duties. Provides ongoing support of a product throughout the product life cycle.
- Assists the repair department by diagnosing returned pumps to determine the root cause of failure. This involves disassembling pumps, evaluating wear/corrosion and known history, and analyzing this data to determine cause of failure.
- Provides existing product support. This duty often arises as a result of failed diagnosis in the repair department. When inadequacies or unforeseen issues are found in returned pumps, the ME must formulate a solution, test that solution, and then implement the solution. This can involve testing, engineering calculations, drafting, working with vendors, and cooperation with production staff.
- Long term testing. This duty involves design of long term test stands, monitoring their status, maintenance, and evaluating results.
- Performs related duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Knowledge of mechanical engineering concepts including stresses, materials, fluids, and thermodynamics.
- Knowledge of solid modeling and standard drafting procedures.
- Ability to take a set of requirements for a new product and produce a viable solution in terms of performance, cost, and existing product line, with little or no guidance required.
- Project management skills, i.e., being able to schedule the development of a product, taking into account all required steps.
- Ability to diagnose and solve mechanical problems.
- Skilled at computer software programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Internet Explorer.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Requires a BS Mechanical Engineering.
- Engineer In Training Certification preferred but not required.
#talmojobs #findwork #jobopenings #recruiter #hiring #mechanicalengineer #directhire